Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thing 11

We had no plans for this weekend.  Nelson wanted to get the last of our belongings over to the house, but I quickly dissolved him of that notion.  My rationale?  If we don't get away this weekend, we won't have a chance for quite awhile.  Besides, I told him, I worked my tooshie off all week to make this weekend a fun one.  A little rationalizing, with a whole lot of sweet talking can work wonders!

I had a hankering for Maryland crabs and longed to sit in a crab shack with butcher paper on the tables, and hammer in hand.  My fabulous hubby had the perfect locale in mind, and it was only a 4 hour drive to dinner.  That's much closer than from Oakville!  Cantler's Riverside Inn outside Annapolis is THE place to go when you want the atmosphere and crab eating experience.  Here's an insider's tip: get there early.  We figured 4:30 pm would be less busy, but we still had to wait almost an hour.  It was messy, it was fun, it was DELICIOUS, and most of all, it was memorable.  Both the kids tried crab, and only one walked away loving it.  Still, it's more about the adventure and trying something new, which I find is easier when you're doing something out of the ordinary.

It would have been nice to stay and see more of Baltimore and Annapolis, but that will have to wait for another visit.  We still have SOME work to do before the movers show up in the morning.  Darn.  On the work part, not the moving part.  FINALLY, we'll get to sleep in our own pad tomorrow.

Thing 11 I love about this move is that Maryland crabs are much closer.  Tie that in with my family going along with my crazy idea of driving to Baltimore for dinner, and we have a winning combination.  We shared plenty of laughs and jokes as a result of the trip, and that wouldn't have been the case had we done boring old work all day.

Maryland crabs rock.  But not as much as my family does.




                                             Guess who wasn't loving the crab....?!
                                            Her smile grew wider after losing a tooth that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment