Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baker's Dozen

My mind and feet need a serious break from all the unpacking.  I LOVE to organize, but moving forces you to do it,  and where's the fun in that?  Plus, it's the ENTIRE house that needs organizing, not just one closet or cabinet.  So here I am, trying to forget about what needs to be done, knowing it will all wait for me.

Since we're up to thing 12, I thought I'd give you a "twofer", a baker's dozen if you will and add in an extra thing we're loving.....

Yesterday,  the moving truck announced to the neighborhood that we were here.  We had 3 neighbors come by at different intervals to say welcome.  It was a relief to take a break from the work and enjoy a few minutes of conversation in the sunshine.  Every family that stopped by was friendly and each one stated what a great street this is.  There are more kids on the block than we realized, which is wonderful news for C and A.  Thing 12 is that God put us smack in the middle of another awesome neighborhood.  All those little things that led us to THIS house on THIS street were not coincidence.  We'd been telling the kids all along that God already knew which house would be ours, and who our friends would be, but we just had to be patient in waiting for Him to reveal it to us.  I LOVE the revealing of things that he'd promised us.  God is good!

Thing 13 is this: we enjoy listening to contemporary Christian music on the radio.  In this region we are blessed to have 2 stations that provide such music, one being KLOVE (a national station).  Driving in the car is a pleasure when you have great music to sing along to!  My kids are accustomed to it now, and the bigger blessing is listening to Audrey sing along to the music in the car.  Sometimes at home, I even catch her singing the songs to herself.  Talk about a positive impact.  I love that our daily time in the car includes praising our creator.

Time to head back to those boxes.  Hopefully I won't be underwater for too much longer.....!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I still have corners that haven't been organized. And we're coming up on 2 years here. I am not Lori, however, and we both know that Lori is more organized than Kerri. I have complete faith that you'll be totally settled in just a couple of weeks. And how wonderful to find that your neighborhood will be a place to love, just like your old one.

    ReplyDelete