Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thing 9

There's a Texas sized dumpster sitting in our driveway.  Does this tell you enough?

I'm not going to share photos just yet of the work.....that will come later, in a transformation post (bet you're just itchin' to see the befores and afters!)

You'll be happy to know that today, I finalized paint colors throughout the house.  Many times I had to remind myself that being "risky" is good, and that life would be terribly boring if all decisions were "safe".  Of course, my idea of "risky" could be another person's "safe".  With any luck, our personalities will be showcased in our choice of colors.  You'll have to visit to give your opinion.

But I digress.  When the contractor was removing the sheet rock in our master bedroom he found something interesting in the wall.  The house was built in 1967.  Just setting the stage....

Here's what he found buried in between the studs:
Are you kidding me?  Not just ANY beer- but Schaefer beer.  I about fell over laughing!  My maiden name, on a can with a nearly perfect spelling (short one f).  To me, it was another confirmation that we are exactly where we're supposed to be.  Call me crazy, but I'm keeping this can and framing it to display somewhere in our humble abode- maybe next to the really old built in radio that I refused to let Nelson remove.

Thing 9- I love that an old beer can from 1967 can be a reminder today, that nothing is a co-inky-dink!

2 comments:

  1. The leading beer in NY when we lived there (or was it Rheingold?). Fond memories. No I didn't leave it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your Schaefer can. So fun...I absolutely believe there are no coincidences.

    ReplyDelete