Friday, July 22, 2011

Jersey girl?

Does owning this-
officially make me a Jersey girl?

We signed on the house today, making us owners of a slice of New Jersey.

I have to say....it feels great.  Being cooped up in an apartment really creates that longing for something more homey.  With a yard.  Lord knows we've got plenty of yard to go round at this place.  Did I mention the ride on mower we now own?

The contractor comes tomorrow to begin the "makeover".  My part in this?  I have 12 rooms which need paint, and I'm borderline Linda Blair on the decision making.  How does one go about choosing 12 colors?  Actually it's 10 rooms, since the kids picked their bedrooms colors.  I've never had to paint my entire house all at once.  And certainly not before the furniture arrived.  It's not like a bad haircut, where you can live with it until it grows out.  Oh no.  If we don't like the paint on the wall, it's either my job to repaint it or deal with it.  Hubby won't write a check for a do-over.

Here's what it boils down to- picking the same color palette as the previous house (SAFE), or doing something a bit different (RISKY).  Not sure where I sit on this one.

The paint deck and I will be spending time together this weekend.  We have much to discuss.

On a different note, Nelson will be earning his "Daddy of the Year Award" when he takes Audrey to the American Girl Doll Store for lunch, in NYC tomorrow.  $50 says he's the only Dad in the restaurant.  Another $50 says she never forgets the lunch.

Toodles!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! SO GORGEOUS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR U AND YOUR FAMILY. IT IS SO GORGEOUS IT'S LIKE A DREAM! No, u r ANYTHING but a Jersey girl. What city r u in, and when can I come for a visit?

    ReplyDelete