Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Friends in high places

My friend Melissa got the short end of the stick.

She had us over for dinner.  She watched my kids when the movers arrived.  Today she spent all morning at the tile store with me, giving me her design expertise.

I'm only just getting around to having her family over for dinner.  Haven't watched her kids in return, and Lord knows I'll never be the one to help her design a room.  I'm beginning to question why she's even friends with me.

Her help today was critical.  It's difficult enough picking out several different sets of tile (floor, shower, shower floor, accents) without losing one's mind.  She kept me focused and listened without losing her patience.  Had the roles been reversed, I would not have been as graceful as she was.  Thank goodness she loves designing, or our friendship might have ended right there in the tile store.

The best part?  She managed to get Nelson on board with our final vision.  Coming from an "expert" she was able to sell him better than his own wife could, in the "pretty please with sugar on top" approach.

The colors all go together famously, and I know it will look smashing once it's completed.  And if it doesn't, well...I get to blame the designer, right?  Ok, maybe not.  Melissa's tireless effort today earns kudos from me along with an IOU for lunch.  It's about time she gets the LONG end of the stick.

1 comment:

  1. I love friends like this...and I'm afraid they always get the short end of the stick from me...

    ReplyDelete