Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thing 21

Anyone who has moved will tell you it takes about a year to feel "settled".  Since I'm nowhere near the year mark, I'll have to get back to you on that.

One thing I love about moving- and this is thing 21- is it forces you to make friends.  Or not, if you're good with being a recluse and talking to only yourself all day.  Me?  I need friends.  They make my world all the sweeter, and it gets me focused on something other than house duties (which is all I seem to be doing these days).

In the last week, I have been blessed to see my social calendar filled.  Coffee dates, lunches, book club, and exercise class, have all allowed me to get out and meet with friends.  It's beginning to feel more "normal" that way now...

Granted, it will take time for those friendships to grow and mature into the deep lasting kind, I treasure.  For now, it's perfectly alright that they aren't.  Time with friends remind me of how blessed I am, and I love that.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment