Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thing 19

We've had some unusual circumstances in which to get to know our neighbors.  Hurricanes and kitchen disasters make that easy, I guess.  From day 1 of the move-in, people have greeted us warmly.  Really, we couldn't ask for anything better.  I'm just thankful it wasn't winter with snow coming down, and a baby in my tummy at week 37!

One of my sweet neighbors invited me over for a brunch to meet some of the other neighbors on the block. How thoughtful is that?  I wasn't about to refuse since most days I'm left talking to myself. Three hours of chatting, and  a delicious meal, left my tummy and heart in "overflow" mode.

There was one conversation that was a first:  talk of the bear that roamed the block last weekend.  Trying to picture that happening in our previous location is a bit awkward.  But here, while it's expected because of the landscape, it's a bit frightening to endure. Welcome to the country Lori!

The ladies are down to earth and so sincere.  We're planning on beginning a book club, something that I sorely miss- (shout out to the Lexington Ladies!).  Trips into NYC to explore/shop are also on the docket.  Looks like we found the perfect place after all.  Not that I had any doubts.

Remember these photos?


We were confident that we'd been blessed on Lexington Rd.  We trusted that God would do the same here.  And He is.  It will be different, but no less important.  

The 19th thing I love about this move is that my neighbors are people I'd happily choose as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment