Monday, September 5, 2011

Thing 16

The yard was screaming for attention today, and with rain in the forecast we had to do it or else....

Nelson wanted to finish chopping up the fallen tree (it's the job that keeps on giving!).  I really really really wanted this ugly shrub removed near the driveway as it impedes my view when backing out into the street.

My inlaws aren't afraid of a little physical labor- plus I reminded them they had to earn their keep.....
We put them to work on hauling a few branches, and oila!  The yard is vastly improved.  They deserve a round of applause <clap clap clap>.

One of my neighbor's walked her dog as we were working in the yard, and we chatted briefly.  She's a very sweet lady that watches out for an elderly neighbor, so I know her heart is full.  Not long after we'd retired from the work, she came over with a plate of cookies, saying we'd worked so hard, she thought we'd like some goodies.

Really?  People are still this good?  Every neighbor we've met thus far, has commented on what a great street this is.  YES!  I love that the people here love this place, and take care of each other.  That's exactly the kind of neighborhood we desire.  That's thing 16- neighbors loving on neighbors.

Now...what shall I do to return the favor????

No comments:

Post a Comment