Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reality sets in

One box, two box, brown box, new box.
Boxes here, boxes there, boxes boxes EVERYWHERE.

Two days of packing, and you'd think I'd get the message that we're moving.  Nope.  I've been carrying on as normal, floating around like a butterfly in the garden.  Until this morning....

That's when this bad boy pulled up in front of the house.  From the front window I could see it, and my heart sunk deep into my chest.  This move is really happening.  The boxes will get hauled onto the truck along with our furniture, and this house will cease to be our home.  WOW.

I'd like to believe as I get older I get wiser.  While this house holds thousands of memories for me; the building holds no attachment for me.  It's about the people that lived here with me, and how they made this house a home.  The icing on the cake was sharing it all with family and friends.  That's what I'm going to miss most; the gathering of those I love, in this place.

So the invitation is extended loved ones- don't be shy about visiting us in our new house- because that's what makes it home for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment