Monday, June 20, 2011

Looking forward

Since I could likely go on and on about the things I'll miss, it seems right that I come up with at least a few things that are exciting about this move.

Thing 1:


This is a fan chart.  It lists all the known ancestors on both our sides.  My father -in - law is the one to have given me the bug (shout out to Dave!) and I am so grateful.  The Schaeffer side of my family hails from north NJ/NY so now I will be able to do research IN PERSON.  My father-in-law will be subject to my field trips when he visits, and I plan on taking full advantage of his expertise.  No more shlepping on line for me!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you have the genealogy bug! Come visit me and go to the huge Genealogical Library less than 10 minutes from my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it. Nothing like schlepping through cemeteries to give you perspective. Even mosquitoes (in Michigan) a few years ago. How about ticks in NJ?

    ReplyDelete