Monday, July 9, 2012

Overdue

My to-do list was a mile long today.  Which should have been the warning sign.  The sitter came and off I went to get a few things done alone.  Perfect.  Until.

I was ahead of schedule and looking forward to fitting in one more quick errand before heading home.  Until the car wouldn't start.  That's right, another "adventure".  You don't need all the details.  But you should know that the tow truck driver saved the day by figuring out the problem almost instantly.  GOD BLESS HIM.  He saved me hours of waiting in some car repair shop, fretting away my time.

While waiting the hour or so for him to arrive, I was able to enjoy the beautiful sunshine in the parking lot.  My tan is a little darker, my vitamin D levels are up and my spirit is lifted.  One of the things that I decided to do while waiting was fill my mind with the gratefulness I had in this circumstance.  I wasn't going to allow anything to dampen my spirit or stress me out.  It worked!  Here's what I came up with:

I am grateful right now for:
- being in a safe parking lot
- not being too far from home
- for friends that are willing to help out
- for Doctors that can reschedule easily
- for a beautiful day to enjoy while waiting
- for a cell phone that allows me to call whoever I need to at the time
- for groceries that were tucked in a cooler of ice on a hot day
- for a sitter that had my kids occupied at home
- for a sitter that was flexible
- for good auto insurance
- for knowing my God had it all under control even if I didn't!

Lesson learned.  It would have been easy to sit and stress out, but I allowed the goodness of my God to flood my heart and mind and He, in return blessed me.  I love this!

Even if I WAS overdue for another adventure, I was still able to be blessed through it.  God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori, Loved reading about your latest adventures. The new bathroom is beautiful! Can't believe we get to come visit you! Hope all the prep goes smoothly. Please don't work too hard - we will be easy guests!

    ReplyDelete