Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beyond blessed

Over a year ago, when we were home shopping, I stepped into this house and knew instantly it was THE ONE.  We women just have a knack.

I'd commented to Nelson at that time that we could have huge parties in this house and it will feel roomy.

Again, we women have a knack.

Yesterday, I opened up our home for a family reunion.  All 40 of us fit beautifully inside.  The only ones brave enough to endure the heat and humidity were the "younger" contingent.  They didn't care what the weather was, as long as they could use the zip line.

This is exactly what I had hoped for this home; that it would be a gathering place for family and friends.   For one brief afternoon, my home was filled with the laughter and voices of people I don't see often enough.  The opportunity to connect again was delightful, and reminded me of why we gather in the first place.

My extended family are dear people.  Many of them are pastors and pastor's wives.  They know how to love, and listen and they genuinely care for each other.  None of us are getting any younger, and so the need for these gatherings while the older set is still able, is very important.  It was apparent to me that my aunt in particular, relished the chance to see so many of us.  The hug goodbye lasted a bit longer and was a little bit tighter when I saw her off.  At the end of the day, that's when I know it was successful.

A year ago, I was blessed to find this house.  Yesterday, I was beyond blessed to have it full of family.



2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to see everyone. It sounds like it must have been a great day! - Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful time! Thanks for your warm welcome and hospitality. Still smiling about what a happy time we had! Thank you Lori, Nelson, Charlie and Audrey!

    ReplyDelete