Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Governor

Kids don't normally find interest in politics.  My two have, thanks to meeting the Governor of Maine.
My father has been involved in local politics for quite some time in Maine.  When the most recent Governor was elected a few years back, my Dad was asked to be on an advisory committee for him.
He thought it would be fun to try and schedule a meeting with Governor LePage so the kids and I could meet him.  It worked out.  I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, it was pretty incredible.  Even the kids walked away feeling that something special just happened.

We squeezed in visits to the Maine State Museum (a well kept secret) and the State House.  Both places were worth the stop, and impressive in their own right.

The best part?  Governor LePage gave us a token that we're to hand deliver to Governor Christie, on behalf of him.  I've made contact with Christie's office, and will follow up to make sure we see this "job" through.  Charlie is keen on the notion of meeting another Governor and potential Vice Presidential candidate.  Thanks Dad for the chance to do something unique!






No comments:

Post a Comment