Friday, March 2, 2012

A WOW moment

Have you ever had one of those moments where you're just in awe of your child, and your God?
On the way to school this morning, I had one of those.

Audrey had been trying to recite her memory verse, which is due today.  I'd asked her to tell me what it was and this led to us discussing the scripture.  She then piped up "Mom, I know what this is talking about because we learned the story it's built around".  Exactly.  For the next five minutes she talked about Moses and the parting of the Red Sea.  Charlie was quiet, not interjecting a thing, and I drove in peace, tears falling down my cheeks.  My 7 year old was telling a beautiful story of how God placed Moses in what looked liked an impossible situation (and I wish you could have heard her inflection in the telling), "mountains around him, the sea in front of him, and the Egyptians behind him", and yet, he tells Moses "raise your hand" and the sea parts.  The rest is history, as they say.  Those five minutes were momentous for me today for two reasons- one, my child is learning about God and His Word daily at school, and I love seeing the fruit of that decision we've made as parents.  Two, God used this particular story today to remind me that when faced with daunting circumstances, when it seems there's no end, if you trust Him, he will ALWAYS provide a way out.  Our finite minds can't comprehend the ways he can work- who would have expected Him to part a sea????  Part of Audrey's memory verse was this: "Do not be afraid, be STILL".  It caused me to think for a moment about why he tells us to be still when we're fearful.  Any thoughts?  Could it be that when we're afraid, our instincts tell us to DO?  We go about trying to fix the situation, or change it, hoping for a better outcome.  And here he clearly gives us the opposite instruction.  This is huge.  If we're doing, we aren't giving up control.  He's sovereign, and he's wanting us to trust Him, and the best way to do that is to be still.  Wow.

Be blessed today- and may you have a Wow moment today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment