Friday, March 23, 2012

Moving along....

The tile guy made an appearance yesterday.  You know what that means- the end is actually in sight.  I mean, I can taste it, it's that close to finished.

Until today.

The tile shop received a call from me yesterday, to place an order for a few more sheets of accent tile.
At the end of today, the tile guy tells me he's going to need a few more of the floor tile so he can do the baseboards.
Seriously?  In an effort to be efficient, I also had him check on the rest of the tile to make sure I wouldn't have to call the shop a THIRD time.  If I can dial the store by memory, I'm done.  NOW.

Projects, I'm realizing, rarely go smoothly,  There's often a glitch or two that holds up one particular piece of the puzzle.  Not all of it is major, but when you just wish for the job to be over, seeing unfinished details can be like a dripping faucet.  I actually WANT to scrub the house and get it back to normal,  instead of living in chaos.  For three months we've lived with a laid back attitude about cleaning and putting things away.  That vacation is just about over kids.

Until next time, enjoy the photos from today's tiling session:


No comments:

Post a Comment