Friday, April 20, 2012

Thing 29

The neighborhood is turning over.  This is a good thing.  We need more kids and families to come and join us here on this serene street.  In the last few weeks we've had two new additions to the block, both of which have 1st grade girls.  I could not have planned it any better myself.

Audrey is thrilled beyond belief and I KNOW it's going to be a great summer for her because of it.  It doesn't hurt when this mom gets a new mom friend out of the deal too!

The timing is certainly interesting in that, if we had all moved in about the same time, it might have been vastly different.  My kids were able to adjust to the neighborhood slowly, and get to know some of the people over the last few months.  Now, as they greet the new families, they can welcome them and show them the ropes of the street.  I love that.

Thing 29 that I love about our move, is that we're not the "new kids on the block" anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment