Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Reno Day 3

Here's what the bathroom looks like as of today:

                                                   Closet door in the hall is closed up now.
                                          From the bedroom looking into the bathroom.
                                    Walk-in shower entry on left, toilet closet straight ahead.
                                  Standing where the toilet will be looking towards the bedroom.
                                           Future vaulted ceiling, where skylights will be added.

Remember one of my previous posts, in which I said I hoped this project would be "fun"?  It's not.
The only thing fun about it so far is there are people in my house daily, preventing me from talking to only myself.  Plus, the cats are amused that they have folks to annoy.

I'm learning, really I am.  If God is trying to grow me, I don't yet see what I've to become!  This project is stressful, frustrating and most often, mentally taxing.  My brain cells don't have much left come dinner time.  If the kids ever figure this out, I'm toast.

Nelson and I approach these things differently.  Neither of us is right or wrong.  It just teaches me to pray silently and unceasingly that I need a new appreciation for his perspective.  My marriage shall become stronger as a result, not weaker.  "Above all else, love one another fervently"  right?

Decisions are needing to be made quickly around here, and I am the last one to enjoy being rushed.  It would be fine and dandy if I could decide alone, but Nelson needs his say too, so the decision often must wait- not exactly a contractor's dream.  It could drive one to drink, I tell you.

In due time we'll be over the hump and this whole thing will be easy peasy.  Did I mention that the contractor thought I had ordered the cabinets, and I thought the same of him?  Oops.  Guess that's a delay coming down the pipes.  What was that about "6 weeks tops" from my endearing hubby????? Hmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment