Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 1 Demo

It's so exciting to watch your plans become reality.  This bathroom has been on our list since we looked at the house back in May.  Finally, it's going to be something usable and beautiful.

The guys made great progress after one day.  I know this pace won't keep up, so I'm going to relish it while it lasts.  Nelson thinks it will be done in 6 weeks tops.  Seems I'm more the realist, saying it's likely to be about 8-12 weeks.  Things don't always go according to plan, and if the basement is any indication, projects gets stalled with one little snafu.  So I'm mentally preparing for a longer process.  We'll see who's right in the end.

Tomorrow I'm off to find a shower faucet.  The pressure is on (no pun intended) to find one we both like, and that fits the look of the shower we designed.  It wasn't high on my list until the contractor asked if I'd chosen one yet....um, no.  In between life and the normal errands and goings-on, I have to squeeze in bathroom "chores".  Such is life!

Here's how things look after day 1:

                                               Everything is out of the teeny tiny space now.
                                        The old closet door opening gets moved to the other side.
                                             Now the closet opens into the room instead.
                               The left opening will be scaled down and become the entrance to the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment