Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The first 3 weeks

Summer has arrived in all it's glory- great weather, fireflies, late nights, BBQ's and walks around the neighborhood after dinner.  Winter isn't so bad when you have weeks like this.

Then there's the early mornings.  Normally, I'm a morning person.  Rising before the rest of the family to enjoy a hot cup of coffee and do my devotions, is my favorite way to begin the day.  Come summer however, I like to have a bit of a respite from the earliness.

Enter Cinnamon.


She doesn't know it's summer.  Nor does she know she's supposed to let me sleep in.  You can see my dilemma.

Just when my kids have reached the age when they sleep in, we go and get a puppy.  Remind me again whose idea this was?

She's been a delightful little girl; mellow as they come, aside from a few times a day when she's playful.  The crate is a lifesaver for those moments.  Most of the day she's sleeping.  Around here, that's known as recharging.

While most of the time she's angelic (see the picture above), she has earned the nickname "Jaws".  It fits.

When she began sleeping on our bed night the third night (the softie?  Not me.) I knew we'd regret it eventually.  Fast forward three weeks, and we have us a BIG problem.  Little miss doesn't want to be in her crate overnight and voices her opinion rather loudly.

The kids aren't about to transition her.  Nelson isn't either.  The lucky winner is me.  Do you see how my summer is stacking up thus far?

Down to the basement we go where she can whine without fear of waking anyone else.  Her incessant whining and barking lasted for 45 minutes straight.  STRAIGHT.  And just so you know, earplugs aren't worth a darn in this case.  <sigh>  I'm exhausted.  Even better is that she's up and raring to go at 5:30 am.  God love her.

Each night gets a little better, and each morning she's learning to wait a bit longer for me to rise and shine.

Until she decides sleeping in is a good thing, I'll be enjoying that early cup of coffee with her.
It doesn't hurt that she sleeps on my lap while I do that.  Puppy love it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment