Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lions and tigers and bears- oh my!

Living in "the country" has proven exciting.  Not the kind of excitement people pay for like bungee jumping- but the kind that only comes with rural living.

Example #1- the zip line is in and working JUST fine.  In fact, we are now the "cool house" on the block.  170 feet of pure speed and thrill.  Can't do that in the city, people.

Example #2- the creek behind the neighbors house.  Charlie and the other boys on the block spend hours traipsing up and down the creek collecting minnows and crawfish.  Then they bring them home to show me.  Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of- only he's not so little anymore.  I love this kid.

Example #3- a bear (or two or three- who knows?).  Out on my morning jog last week I spotted one coming from the woods 50 feet in front of me and I frantically turned around and sped home as fast as FloJo.  SCARY.  A travel size air horn has been ordered.

We love our life here.  Some people live their whole lives without riding a zip line, catching critters and seeing a bear outside a cage.  I'm glad we've chosen this place, and I'm glad it's given us some excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment