Thursday, December 15, 2011

Routine

There is no routine for me as of yet.  Wait, I take that back.  I leave at 8am every morning to take the kids to school, then head back in the afternoon at 3pm.  It's not cutting it folks.

We've been in this house for four months now and I don't have a routine.  If you know me, I thrive on it.  I love predictability.  I love that I can wake up and know what I have to do, because that thing always gets done on that day of the week.  Are you with me?  But for four months, I've been humming along, doing things only as I see they need doing.  Call it a reactive mindset, rather than a proactive one.

For instance, I do the laundry when it looks like it's piling up too high.  The house gets cleaned when the gunk on the sink starts to grow fuzz (kidding!), and the grocery shopping happens when the milk has run low.  This isn't like me AT ALL.

So, I resolve, come January that my life is going to get back to routine.  A list of some sort may help me get it going.  A load of laundry a day, to keep it under control.  Grocery shopping and meals planned n advance.  House cleaned weekly so that no fuzz may inhabit our abode.  Everyone will be pleased, most of all me!

Maybe blog updates deserve their own place in this routine....

No comments:

Post a Comment